The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is now available on the “New” 3DS (Note: It won’t play on a 2DS or an older 3DS), Wii U, and Xbox One. It was previously available on Steam (PC, Linux, OSX), PlayStation 4, and PS Vita, but Nintendo and Xbox players can rejoice in the fun that is The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
Personally, I find the game to be dark and a bit grotesque at points, but that’s kind of the entire point of the game. The game plays a lot like the original Zelda, and takes notes in regards to level design. This game is expansive and has tons of replayability. Bosses are tough, enemies are plentiful, but there are a variety of powerups and boosters you can collect as you play through to help you on your way.
Strangely Compelling Media saved me the trouble and compiled the amazing list of features this game has. See below:
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Features
– Over 500 hours of gameplay
– 4 BILLION Seeded runs!
– 20 Challenge runs
– 450+ items, including 160 new unlockables
– Uber secrets
– 10 Playable Characters
– 100+ enemies with new designs
– Over 50 bosses, including tons of new and rare bosses
– Mystic Runes
– Upgradeable shops
– Integrated controller support for popular control pads
– Analog directional movement and speed
– Tons of feature film quality animated endings
– Over 100 specialized seeds
– 2-Player local co-op
– Over 100 co-op characters
– Dynamic lighting, visual effects, and art direction
– All-new game engine @60FPS 24/7
– All-new soundtrack and sound design
– Multiple Save slots
– A bunch of achievements
So, yeah, the game has TONS of stuff. And it’s fun, though sometimes a little gross. Again, comes with the territory. But you should totally go play it cause it’s rad. It’s available for $14.99 (“New” 3DS and Xbox One) and given that it’s available (now) on almost every gaming device you have zero excuses.
Sources: Strangely Compelling Media
Written by Andrew (@SoAfterISaid)